HOW TO BECOME AN ADI
To become an Approved Driving Instructor you will need to register with the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), and then pass three qualifying tests.
To apply you will need to meet the requirements of the DVSA - these are;
• You must currently hold a full UK or European Union car driving license
• You must have held it for a total of at least four out of the past six years
• You must not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the last four years
• You must be a “fit and proper” person - an enhanced level criminal record check is required
The qualifying tests are demanding and you will need to ensure that you are thoroughly prepared. The three tests are;
• Part 1 – Theory Test
• Part 2 – Ability to drive test
• Part 3 – Ability to instruct test
For more information about the tests please watch the offical DVSA videos in our Video area.
Here at Advance Driving School we have put together a structured, concise and comprehensive training programme that will give you the skills, knowledge and ability to pass your tests.
Our training syllabus covers;
• Learning styles and preferences
• Different methods of learning
• Questioning and feedback techniques
• How to structure a lesson
• Instructional techniques
• How to use the correct terminology
• How to identify, analyse and correct driving faults
• How to assess a pupils progress
• Detailed briefings for every topic needed
Once you have made the decision to become an ADI then the first thing you should do is to book your initial consultation with Ann. This will give you all the information you need to know in order to complete the application process, and then you can book your training.
As long as you have the time and money then what better time to start than now?
Call Ann on 07729 388786 to book an initial consultation free of charge today.
To read about our training packages, click below: